|1. REASONS FOR DATA COLLECTION
2. DISCLOSURE OF DATA COLLECTED
- From time to time, you may be required to provide information (Data) to this Internet site (Site) in order to use or registration on 3C Company to certain member services or make online purchases through the services provided by us hereunder (the Services). Additional site use Data may be gathered as you navigate the Service. This Data is gathered for the following main purposes:
- To establish your identity - for these purposes, contact information such as, name, correspondence and e-mail addresses will be collected from you during the registration process.
- To process online purchase with us - contact information, credit card details and other payment related information may be obtained.
- To subscribe to services and support - this Data comprises contact information, credit card details or other payment related information, as well as the services or support requested by you. This Data is also used to provide you with product and service updates and similar notices in respect of the services provided by us.
- To post messages on the on-line contact form, submit posting to our testimonials or answer a survey - email addresses or names will be collected.
- To tailor the Services to your needs - information on the Services use may be used to compile aggregate statistics and carry out analysis in order to help us create content and navigation that is most relevant and user friendly to users.
- For marketing and promotional purposes, including contacting you directly to inform you of new services or opportunities. Whilst our site endeavors to adhere to our strictest guidelines and select only reputable partners in providing the Services, our privacy protection does not cover Data that you provide directly to third parties (including but not limited to buyers/sellers in online auctions, on-line merchants sites, other hyper linked website). We advises you to consult with the relevant parties before providing any data.
3. USER PREFERENCES / OPT-OUT
- You acknowledge and authorize that all Data supplied by you will be retained by us and stored in one or more of our databases. We will maintain full control over and safeguard, according to strict standards of security and confidentiality all Data in these database and will NOT release to third parties except the following:
- Authorized employees of 3C Company who have received proper training on the handling of customer information;
- Third party service providers in providing support services including but not limited to administrative, installation, telecommunications, computer, payment gateway, insurance, financing, and other professional services. These providers are contractually required to comply with requisite privacy standards;
- Credit reference or debt collection agency or similar provider of debt collection or credit information services to us for purpose of credit reporting, verification and risk management;
- Any person by whom we is required to make disclosure by applicable legal, governmental or regulatory requirements;
- Any of 3C Company's actual or proposed assignees or transferees of 3C Company's rights during company's re-construction, re-organization or other similar situations;
- Persons whom you transact with through the Services such as online merchants, any banking, financial or other institutions.
- Data will not be disclosed to third parties without your consent for marketing or promotional purposes.
- Above may be situated outside Hong Kong.
4. COLLECTION OF DATA USING 'COOKIES'
- We provides users with the opportunity to opt-out of receiving unsolicited communications from us from time to time and/or at the time of registration. In addition, if at any point in the future you do not wish to receive any unsolicited communications from us, simply contact our customer relations by email, phone or in writing and our customer relations will remove you from our contact list for the purposes of those communications. We would retain your contact details for use only for customer service purposes, such as notification of system slow down for maintenance or unavailability of the Services for any other reason, or where you have subscribed to a particular service, updates or information in relation to that service.
- We may use "cookies" to collect Data on the usage of the Services by users and to facilitate return visits. A "cookie" is a small piece of information sent by a web server to be stored on a webbrowser so it can later be read back from that browser. The Data collected from cookies is currently used to improve the functionality of the Service. The Data on the Services is organized and presented based on our analysis of the aggregate usage of the Services. Cookies are also useful in allowing more streamlined log-in, tracking of transactions and in preserving Data between sessions.
- You may disable the cookie feature on your browser without affecting your ability to transact business on the Services. Cookies do, however, enable many convenience features of the Services. Disabling cookies may require more complexity and data entry. You should also be aware that if you do disable cookies you may not be able to use certain features on the Services.
6. PERIOD OF RETENTION
- We are concerned with the security of Data collected and has put in place measures to prevent unauthorized access to that Data. Our systems safeguard electronic communications by utilising appropriate security protocols for authentication and authorisation, including SSL, encryption, firewalls and data duplication. Notwithstanding the above, We shall not in any event be responsible for any breach whatsoever of security or the unauthorised disclosure or use of any such Data.
- Your Data will be retained for a period necessary to attain the specified purpose.
8. OTHER RIGHTS
9. CONTACTING US
- to check whether we hold any of your Data;
- to have access to your Data held by us;
- to request correction of your Data;
- to ascertain our policies and practices (from time to time) in relation to the Data and the types of Data held by us;
- to disallow access or use of your Data by us, and be informed of action taken in response to any such request. We reserves the right to charge a reasonable fee in relation to the time and attendance involved in complying with any request in this regard.
10. GENERAL PROVISIONS
- Any requests for access to Data, correction of Data or for information regarding practices and kinds of Data held should be addressed to:
- The English version of these terms and conditions shall prevail over any Chinese version (if any) which is provided for information purposes only.
Applicable Law in relation to any person, action or thing means the following in relation to that person, action or thing:
- any law, rule or regulation of any country (or political sub-division of a country);
- any obligation under any license in any country (or political sub-division of a country); and
- any lawful and binding determination, decision or direction of a regulator in any country (or political sub-division of a country).
- Content includes things that you may see, read, hear, download or access on or via the Site (including but not limited to messages, files, data, software, images, photographs, illustrations, text and other materials).
- Hong Kong means the Hong Kong Special Administrative Region of the People's Republic of China.
- We or us means 3C Company.